Friday, June 27, 2008

Of 10s and IIT - Part 2

Alright, this time I am going to focus on 10 things I absolutely cannot forget in IIT, in a good way.

On the side, someone once asked me (actually no one did but I am just providing some build-up) why I say the bad thing first and then the good thing, I remembered what the Mahabharata has to say (loosely), when confronted with two pieces of news, the good and the bad, the ordinary man would be happier on hearing the good news after the bad news than the other way round. The person who has detached himself from the outcomes of actions will treat both pieces of news with equanimity.

Anyways, epic-knowledge-showing-off aside, my points on 10 things in IIT I Liked:

1) Some really good teachers, who've been more than "academic" teachers to me sometimes.
2) My rooms and all their ambience (despite the Pink connotations attributed to me because of them, I'm sure all you guys were jealous anyway :P )
3) The 4 to 5 Gurunath Chat Sessions (4 years of it would give you enough Philosophy to last life I would think!)
4) Literary Competitions, especially the gruelling quiz season, Dramatics, speaking events and word events (except for Last year's Lit-Soc where they cupped it big time with the schedules)
5) All my trips to Ritchie Street and Parrys buying things (half of which I never used)
6) The Institute wildlife population - it's quite a sight to see a grown up handsome Stag eating vegetable puff (not to mention the harrassing monkeys, they have more rights than us i nthe !)
7) My first night-time mobile-phone light experience in Saarang
8) My wing-mates, EP-mates, Cauvery-mess-mates and Ganga-mates (despite all our flaws and incidents we still had great times, all of you are brilliant in your own way, thanks)
9) My final year project, what a learning experience it was (oops no blog post on that yet!)
10) Shaastra, all 4 years of it :)

Besides these there are smaller things like Ambience for Saarang, Tennis, my S in ID110 so on so forth, all-in-all its been one helluva learning experience I guess.

Berhael

No comments: